Welcome to Happy Valley Kids!
As we phase back into meeting in person on Sunday mornings, there will be no HV Kids classes or life groups for the summer. Important information:
- Kids will attend service with their families, and will be provided an optional grab bag with activities inside for them to use during service!
- We also will have kid-friendly overflow seating in the Fellowship Hall for any kids who need a little more wiggle room.
- Both the 9:00am and 10:30am services will be identical, so you can attend either service that best meets your family's needs.
We are tentatively working to reopen all HVKids areas and programs on November 1!
We will open 3 weeks after Deer Valley Unified School District opens their brick and mortar option for schools. Right now, that is the first week of November.
We look forward to seeing you...in person!
HV Kids Mission
Happy Valley Kids exists to help children from birth through sixth grade glorify God and grow to their full potential in Christ by partnering with and supporting parents in discipling their children.
Matthew 19:14 “but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.”
Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
We will accomplish this by:
- Giving parents, a child’s primary role model and teacher, the resources they need to instruct their children daily in God’s word and prayer.
Ephesians 4:11-12 “And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of the ministry, for building up the body of Christ.”
- Teaching God’s word both accurately, as well as in fun and engaging ways, at their appropriate age level.
- Through all instruction, resources, and activities emphasize knowing God, not just about Him.
Isaiah 29:13 “And the Lord said: ‘…this people draw near with their mouth and honor me with their lips, while their hearts are far from me, and their fear of me is a commandment taught by men…”
- Create a safe environment for kids to learn and grow.
- Consistently communicating with families what their children are learning and accomplishing at church, so the parents can apply what they’ve learned throughout the rest of the week.
Deuteronomy 6:7 “You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.”
- Giving children a chance to develop meaningful relationships with peers and adults, who will partner with parents in discipling their children.
Hebrews 10:24-25 “and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another”